1882 Bucharest, first Power Plant
The first power plant was commissioned in Bucharest. The plant provided the exterior lighting for the "National" Theatre and the "Cismigiu" Garden.The power plant was located in the "Calea Victoriei" road in the heart of Bucharest downtown.
During the same year, the first power transmission between the power plant and the Royal Palace Cotroceni was performed on a 3 km overhead electric line with cooper conductors and porcelain insulators.
All those projects were carried out the same year when Thomas Alva Edison commissioned the world's first power plant in New York.